2018 Banner

January 2018 ~ My name is Sarah Davis, and I am a natural light photographer in Mentone, Indiana. My locations are usually in Rochester, Warsaw, or the Tippecanoe area. I specialize in children & family, and those will always be my first loves. Cake smash sessions make my heart happy, and I have a major soft spot for children with their grandparents. I always really look forward to senior sessions for the chance to be more creative.

Left Sunflower

It's all about the love & connections between people which is why I also enjoy engagement & maternity sessions so much. While I have a small mini studio that I use for newborns (& cake smash sessions during cold weather), I primarily shoot outdoors so I really love warm weather when I can be outside doing what I love most. During the winter I'm mostly hibernating and reading.

Sunflower 2

I look at photography as a way to preserve our memories. I've loved it since I got my first film camera at around 10. That love became a bit of an obsession once my own children came into my life. It's the little things that really get me...a baby's crooked smile showing off that first tooth, the way she wrinkles her nose a certain way as a toddler, spaghetti covered faces, big crocodile tears, tiny little people dancing and belly laughter....I just have to run to my camera for all of it.

Right Sunflower

I love images that capture a person's personality, candid shots of children playing or really concentrating, the REAL facial expressions our children make that could happen any day at any time.... a couple sharing a real laugh....spur of the moment, true emotions that can be captured forever. I like images that are real...That tell a story. Someone happily blinking back tears, massive tantrums, a spontaneous hug, when something unexpected happens. These are my favorite things to capture.

Sunflower 2

I guess what I aim for most of the time is just to have a part in something special that will be saved and remembered for years to come. I hope that my friends & family enjoy my growing website and viewing my progress over the years. Thank you so much to all the families who have already allowed me to document a part of their journey. And even more thanks to those families who just keep coming back year after year. You are amazing and why I love doing what I do! There's nothing quite like being viewed by a child as their own personal photographer...and them holding hands with me on the way back to our cars.

Thanks for visiting my website!
Sarah


2017contact
2017reviews 2017facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP